- Who we are
- How we care
- Shop with us
JOB DESCRIPTION. Kitchen Assistant
4 Days P/W 9am to 4pm – Saturdays on a rota.
Rate of Pay £7.99 per hour.
You will be required to provide a general level of assistance within the café kitchen, including general food preparation, kitchen duties and cleaning. Because of close working space, you will be responsible for keeping floors and surfaces clear and to develop constructive working relationships with the entire catering team.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
1. To undertake general preparation of food
2. To assist in the preparation of meals
3. To understand and adhere to all food hygiene and health and safety requirements in order to meet regulatory and company standards.
4. To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and to ensure clean uniform is worn at all times.
5. To undertake general cleaning duties throughout the kitchen, including wiping work surfaces and mopping floors.
6. To ensure that spills and other slipping hazards are dealt with immediately.
7. To serve customers if additional cover as and when it is needed.
8. To work in a safe manner at all times and behave in such a way that the health and safety of work colleagues is not adversely affected.
9. To undertake any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the post as and when required.
The duties in this job description are not exhaustive and may be altered at any time to reflect the changing needs of the company.